Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring Break Essentials

Spring Break Essentials

Happy First day of spring! I thought today would be the perfect day to share some of my spring break essentials. I am unfortunately not going anywhere warm this spring. I am actually headed to the windy city (Chicago) this weekend. However, I will be going to Florida for a close friend's wedding in June, so I am already looking forward to some beach time, even if it is a way's away! I know there are many of you planning to go somewhere this spring, lucky you! :) I hope you will enjoy my tips and that you can use some of my suggestions as you plan your vacation!
1. Beauty Products
You don't want to forget sunscreen, lip care with spf, some bright nail polish & some sea salt spray to add texture and perfect beach-y waves to your hair!


target.com
lushusa.com
butterlondon.com

2. Clothes That Can Go From Day to Night 
 I love this breezy mint romper! You can wear it over a swim suit, or throw on a cute necklace & a pair of wedges for an easy outfit when going out at night.

Forever 21 romper


3. A Beach Towel & Reading Materials
Big beach towels are the best when you can sprawl out on them and enjoy a great magazine or a good book. No vacation is complete without excellent reading material!
J Crew beach towel
jcrew.com

Gone Girl
Loved this book! I read it in 2 days, I couldn't put it down!



4. Jean Shorts & a Basic T-Shirt
I always bring simple pieces like this on vacation. You can mix up the t-shirts with the boyfriend shorts, and throw it on when heading to the beach, or when going out for ice cream!



5. Sunglasses
This kind of goes without an explanation. I will say this; I LOVE cat eye sunglasses!


6. A Bag For Every Occasion 
 I love bags with a side strap. When you are traveling, you definitely don't want to have to lug around a huge bag wherever you go. These are great for the plane, or for a nice dinner. I love bags that are a bright colored leather. It surprisingly looks great with everything!


7. A Big Beach Bag
 Having a large beach bag is important, you can keep everything from your towel, to your change of clothes, to your books & magazines. I love Ikat print! 

accessorize.com

8. A Bright Dress & Necklace for a Nice Night Out
One of the best parts of being somewhere tropical for vacation is 1.being tan, and 2. wearing bright colors, which makes your tan look even more amazing! I love this pink dress with a chunky statement necklace. 

J Crew statement necklace



9. Shoes & Accessories
I brought far too many sandals on my last trip, I'm not afraid to admit that, haha. I do wish I had brought more versatile shoes. A pair of sandals that can go from the beach to a night out is ideal. Also, you also don't need a lot of jewelry on a vacation. I think less is more when you are away from home. Wear a simple gold bracelet or a cocktail ring, but don't over do it!

Topshop sandals
topshop.com

Marc by marc jacobs bangle
piperlime.gap.com


10. A Swim Suit. (Obviously.) 
 If you can only bring one, bring a solid color, black is great because it is slenderizing. I love this one because of the scallops! 





Like I said earlier, I won't be going anywhere warm until june this year. But I did want to share some pictures from my vacation last February, when my family and I went to the beautiful Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.




These first few pictures are from the airport, and our first morning on vacation. I love wearing comfortable clothes while traveling, yet it is always fun to look cute! So I wore a long maxi skirt, a gray Tee, a jean jacket & a scarf. I brought plenty to do on the plane; my computer, magazines, and the first season of "New Girl." We arrived late at night, and we stayed with my aunt and uncle at their hotel. When we woke up, the first thing we saw was a personal pool on the balcony & and an amazing view!


We spent the majority of our trip by the pool and swimming in the ocean. 
(I bought a few of my swim suits from ASOS.com)


Every night we ate out at some great local restaurants. It was fun dressing up after a day spent sweating in the sun. My favorite outfit was a pink jumpsuit from ASOS. 


My sister and I had a blast exploring the hotel and taking pictures. I loved this neon chartreuse blouse and silver sequin shorts. 


It was usually 80 degrees most days, the perfect temperature for crochet shorts and breezy dresses!



The hotel we stayed at most of our time there was where my aunt and uncle vacation, we had a blast spending the week with them! (http://www.grandluxxe.com/nuevo-vallarta)

I can't express how wonderful that vacation was! I can't wait to go back one day. Mexico is truly beautiful. I hope you were inspired by some of my outfits. I spend a few weeks shopping in stores and online before we left to find the perfect pieces to bring! 
My favorite stores to buy items for a vacation:
-ASOS (online)
-J.Crew
-Old Navy
-Target
-Forever 21
-H & M
-Tj Maxx
Feel free to comment below with any questions, suggestions or feedback! 
I hope you have enjoyed my blog so far, I have loved posting! Thanks to all of you for reading, it means more than you know!

Have a wonderful first day of spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment